Sunday, March 15, 2009

Devolution


















Yes. I am going to see them on Wednesday night, at the Palladium Ballroom. Devo, that is, in case for some reason you aren't familiar with them. If you are not, then I'll remind you by simply one phrase from their overplayed (and pretty overrated) most popular song. *Sigh* WHIP IT. They had a bit of misfortune of having a lot of people define their career on a hokey song when their musical library is quite vast and GOOD- not unlike the very talented Styx being stuck with Mr. Roboto. Well, I guess the guys wrote the songs, and have to deal with the aftermath.

Anyway, I'm VERY excited, and if you're still on the fence on whether or not you should attend, one of the masterminds behind Devo, Mark Mothersbaugh, was in charge of all the music for one of my beloved favorite Nickelodeon shows, Rugrats, and also has been commissioned for most of the original music in Wes Anderson's films. It's going to be sweet.

Well I will definitely do my best to acquire a camera and get some sweet pictures, which I will post afterwards of course. Anyway, I've reached that weird stage where you realize that you are continuously breathing and so it becomes less of a habit and you start having to think about each breath- I'm going to go try and do something more mind engaging. Bye!

2 comments: